To request a routine appointment up to 2-3 weeks in advance during opening times:
- phone us on 0121 373 8842
- visit the surgery and speak with a receptionist
- use your NHS account (through the NHS website or NHS App) or SystmOnline to book an appointment
When you get in touch, we’ll ask what you need help with.
We will use your answers to choose the most suitable doctor, nurse or healthcare professional to help you.
Advanced nurse practitioners / paramedics
In a number of cases it might be worth considering an appointment with a practice nurse, paramedic or advanced nurse practitioner rather than a doctor.
These individuals are qualified to deal with many ailments and you may be seen more quickly.
However you choose to contact us, we may offer you a consultation:
- by phone
- face to face at the surgery
- on a video call
- by text
Appointments by phone, video call or by text can be more flexible and often means you get help sooner.
Cancelling or changing an appointment
To cancel your appointment:
- use your NHS account (through the NHS website or NHS App)
- using the GP online system: SystmOnline
- phone us on 0121 373 8842 during opening times
- reply CANCEL to your appointment reminder text message
If you need help when we are closed
NHS 111 online is for people aged 5 and over. Call 111 if you need help for a child under 5.
Call 999 in a medical or mental health emergency. This is when someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk.
If you need help with your appointment
Please tell us:
- if there’s a specific doctor, nurse or other health professional you would prefer to respond
- if you would prefer to consult with the doctor or nurse by phone, face-to-face, by video call or by text
- if you need an interpreter
- if you have any other access or communication needs
Whilst we encourage our patients to come to the surgery, where we have the proper equipment and facilities available, we do appreciate this is not always possible. In this respect, if you do need a home visit, you can help us by calling 0121 373 8842 before 11:30am.
You may only request a home visit if you are housebound or are too ill to visit the practice. Your GP will only visit you at home if they think that your medical condition requires it and will also decide how urgently a visit is needed. Please bear this in mind and be prepared to provide suitable details to enable the doctor to schedule house calls.
You can also be visited at home by a community nurse if you are referred by your GP. You should also be visited at home by a health visitor if you have recently had a baby or if you are newly registered with a GP and have a child under five years.