We offer a range of clinics and services at the surgery. There are some tasks you can do, such as health reviews, using our online forms.
Chronic disease management
- Heart failure
- Diabetes – clinics are are run by the practice diabetes nurse, with input from our diabetes lead GPs.
- Baby clinic – this clinic is for immunisations and new baby checks.
- Blood tests – most appointments will be with our phlebotomist.
- Cervical smears
- Contraceptive and sexual health (CASH) clinic – a comprehensive service is offered including emergency contraception, implant and coil fitting/ removal.
- Maternity services – antenatal clinics held by appointment with the community midwives. Postnatal check are by appointment with the doctor.
- Minor surgery
- NHS Health Checks
- Smoking cessation
- Weight management
- Vaccinations and immunisations – including flu and travel.
If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to complete a Travel Risk Assessment and make an appointment with the practice nurse to discuss your travel arrangements.
It is important to make this initial appointment as early as possible, at least 6 weeks before you travel as a second appointment will be required with the practice nurse to actually receive the vaccinations. These vaccines may have to be ordered as they may not be a stock vaccine. Your second appointment needs to be at least 2 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work.
Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS.